To provide basic rights to all, to eliminate situations, which give rise to exploitation of vulnerable and marginalized groups and to start a movement for a people friendly society (Jan Mitra Samaj) through an inter-institutional approach.
Our vision is to establish a true, vibrant, and fully entrenched democratic society through a Jan Mitra concept (People Friendly Concept)where there shall be no violation of civil rights granted to a citizen by the state.
HOW WE WORK
We are working at the grassroots level in the city of Varanasi and in around 200 villages situated in Uttar Pradesh and 5 other states in India. To provide basic rights for all, we work by eliminating situations which give rise to exploitation of vulnerable and marginalized groups and to start a movement for a people friendly society (Jan Mitra Samaj) through an inter-institutional approach. This means that the goal of our activities is two-fold: First, to have a strong grassroots organization to work for democratic rights of those in marginalized communities and second, to create the structure and dynamics to receive the assistance of a national and international institutions.
· Accurate investigation and documentation of human rights violations connected with advocating, publishing and networking for the cases of human rights violations on a local, national and international level.
· Creating models of non-violent and democratic communities (people friendly villages, torture-free villages.)
· Linking local and international human rights together
· Linking grass roots activities and international human rights networks and institutions together.
· Building up local institutions and supporting them with active human rights networks
· Creating a democratic structure for the ‘voiceless’ enabling them to access the constitutional guarantees of modern India
· Providing psychological support through testimonial therapy
· Empowering marginalized communities through education and access to information
· Promoting a human rights culture